- Build Quality
- Value for Money
The Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto 5-Cup drip coffee maker is an impressive blend of form and function, combining a minimalist, cornerless design with innovative engineering and high performance. The products in this collection are the result of a collaboration between a Japanese interior designer and Zojirushi, a manufacturer highly regarded for their high-end water boilers.
A unique design feature of this compact coffee machine is its drip cone—which is housed inside the carafe in order to save space, improve grounds saturation and prevent spillage. And thanks to the precise 650-watt heater, it brews at a consistent 200 degrees Fahrenheit–impressive for a machine of this size and price range.
Combined with an easy-to-clean, removable water reservoir, and a replaceable water filter, the Zutto is a convenient, small machine that produces up to 5 cups of truly top-of-the-line coffee. It is our Top Pick for 4-cup and 5-cup coffee makers.
Specifications & Features of the Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto
- 650-watt heater
- Brews up to 5 cups (24 ounces) of hot, great tasting coffee
- Drip cone filter sits inside the conveniently sized glass carafe
- Concealed water reservoir with auto-warm feature
- Replaceable charcoal water filter
- Removable water reservoir
- Size: 6x9x11 inches
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Warranty: One year limited warranty
Highlights of the Zojirushi Zutto EC-DAC50 5-cup coffee maker
- Brews great tasting, hot coffee in the range of 200°F-205°F, hitting the optimal brewing temperature range recommended by the National Coffee Association
- Brews coffee quickly–roughly 5 minutes for a full pot
- Unique design of the drip cone prevents spilling and improves saturation of the coffee grounds
- Aesthetically pleasing, rounded form
- Small – compact enough to fit on just about any table or shelf
- Removable water tank and filter basket are easy to use and clean.
- No automatic shut off feature.
- Only brews up to 5 cups, just enough for two full mugs of coffee.
- Though durable, most parts in this device are made of plastic rather than stainless steel. The carafe handle, in particular, appears susceptible to breakage.
- The glass carafe is not dishwasher safe.
- Not programmable.
- Doesn’t have a pause and serve feature.
The Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto 5-Cup Coffeemaker makes a stylish and compact addition to any coffee lover’s home. This small coffee maker packs high-end machine quality into its small frame and budget price. It lacks the functionality of programmable coffeemakers, but makes up for it by brewing up great coffee and being easy to use, compact, and pleasing to the eye. Its sleek, rounded features and muted color combine perfectly with the modern home kitchen, while its brew speed and temperature, as well as its ease-of-use, will appeal to the professional on-the-go.
Want more options? See our list of the 10 best coffee makers.