- Build Quality
- Value for Money
The Technivorm Moccamaster KBG 741 is a well-designed, reliable drip coffee maker, that brews excellent coffee quickly. Its handsome retro design is available in a wide array of colors to suit any taste. Commonly rated among the best coffee machines in the world, it is one of the few brewers certified to meet the strict optimal brewing requirements of the European Coffee Brewing Centre (ECBC) and the Speciality Coffee Association of America and Europe (SCAA/SCAE).
The Technivorm Moccamaster line, frequently referred to as the “Rolls Royce” of coffee makers, are built to last. They are handmade, and individually tested in the Netherlands. If cared for properly, this dependable, high-end machine will be the last brewer you´ll ever have to buy (and at its price, you’ll hope so!).
Specifications & Features of the Technivorm Moccamaster KBG 741
- 1475-watt copper heating unit brews coffee consistently within the optimal range of 196°-205°, using a pulse action that improves the coffee bloom during the extraction process
- Glass carafe with a dual-phase hot plate maintains the temperature of the coffee between 176° and 185° (Prefer a thermal carafe? Check the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT 741)
- Brews up to 40 ounces of coffee in about 6 minutes (10 European 4-ounce cups)
- SCAA/SCAE, and ECBC certified
- Auto shut-off after 100 minutes
- Cone-shaped auto drip-stop brew basket
- Available in 13 different colors
- 5 year warranty
- Size: 6.7 x 13.4 x 14.2 inches
- Weight: 6.3 pounds
The Technivorm Moccamaster KBG 741 has a whole host of pros, with very few cons. Consumer reviews are, accordingly, overwhelmingly positive.
- Brewing time of under 6 minutes for a full pot of coffee, meeting the standards for optimal brewing set by the National Coffee Association. This brewer meets the brewing time, saturation time, and holding temperature guidelines of the European Coffee Brewer Centre.
- The 1475-watt copper heating unit brews coffee quickly and evenly.
- The pulse-action brewing and cone shaped, auto drip-stop basket combine to create the perfect bloom and optimal contact time between water and coffee.
- Adjustable hot plate keeps the brewed coffee hot—rather than just warm—until the auto-shut off is engaged after 100 minutes.
- Stylish hand-made aluminum body comes in 13 stunning colors
- Glass carafe is visually convenient and allows for easy cleaning.
- BPA free water tank and an auto-shut-off feature that helps save on energy and cost.
- Easy to clean. The spray arm and the brew basket are removable and easy to clean to avoid material build-up.
- Industry-leading five-year limited warranty.
If price isn´t your biggest concern, you won´t find much that´s wrong with the Moccamaster KBG 741.
- The price of the Moccamaster KBG 741 is in line with its high-quality components and handmade European manufacturing, potentially pricing it out of reach for price-sensitive consumers.
- May be unsuitable for use in small kitchens, due to its size.
- No “pre-scheduled brew”/timed start function.
- Power cord is relatively short, which is sometimes annoying especially if you have limited electric outlet options available in your countertop.
The Technivorm Moccamaster KBG 741 has received deservedly high praise across the board from consumers and reviewers worldwide. We´ve found that the workmanship and high-quality materials that go into the manufacturing of this high-end coffee maker combine to result in world-class coffee output, justifying its higher list price. The machine is built to last and brews up an excellent cup of coffee. Its design is “old school”—dating back to the 60´s—but beautiful and reassuring in its simplicity, and the 13 color options ensure a match (or “pop”) for any kitchen. Given the quality of its construction, waking up to a delicious pot of coffee brewed at just the right temperature is a pleasure you can look forward to enjoying for the rest of your life.