- Build Quality
- Value for Money
The OXO On Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Maker brews full, flavorful tasting coffee through an intricate process of enhancing the rich aromas and deep flavors from your favorite coffee by using the ideal temperature with just the right timing. Consumers love the great tasting coffee but they also love the appliance itself. The machine has a sleek modern look that also allows you to watch the brewing process which consumers love.
The OXO On 9-Cup Coffee Maker has been certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) as a commendable home brewer for meeting the rigorous “SCAA Golden Cup” requirements for water temperature, brew time and overall quality. It heats the water to the perfect temperature and maintains that temperature throughout the entire brewing process. From start to finish, the intelligent “Barista Brain” microprocessor watches the time and temperature, guaranteeing exceptional coffee without the hassle and expense of going to the local coffee shop. The outstanding quality and performance make this one of our Top Picks.
Specifications & Features of the OXO On 9-cup Coffee Maker
- Intuitive LED Interface: A single gauge lets you choose the number of cups you plan to make. There are two settings: 2-4 cups or 5-9 cups. The coffee machine will set itself to the necessary brew time for the amount of coffee its set to brew.
- Precise Control of Water Temperature & Volume: Water is heated to the ideal temperature range and maintained throughout the brew sequence. Once it reaches the ideal temperature, the water is siphoned into the brew basket in intervals, allowing for exceptional coffee taste every time.
- Intelligent Microprocessor: The “Barista Brain” internal microprocessor watches all the machines processes and regulators for three things — brew time, water temperature and water volume — to make consistently great coffee.
- Rainmaker Showerhead: Water is evenly distributed over the coffee grounds to make sure all the grounds are soaked well.
- Internal Mixing Tube: Coffee is mixed completely as it is brewed, so the first taste is just as good as the last.
- Product dimensions: 6.7 x 14.2 x 15.2 inches
- Product weight: 7.7 pounds
Highlights of the OXO On Barista Brain 9-cup Coffeemaker
- Several people were so thrilled with the OXO On 9-Cup Coffee Maker that they mentioned that it replaced their previous brewers including a Hamilton Beach, Keurig and a Cuisinart. They cited great taste, elegant look and ease of use and cleaning as main highlights.
- Controls are simple to use, brewing either 2-4 or 5-9 cups is very easy and clear-cut.
- Sturdy machine with a clean modern look that saved consumers money from their daily coffee shop visits.
- The showerhead is great at covering all the grounds so it’s not necessary to go in and manually stir the coffee grounds.
- The water tank has easy-to-read markings to see where to fill to, and you can get 44 ounces of coffee from one full tank. Easy to pour water into as well.
- Easy to pour carafe, however, the lid makes the pour pretty slow.
- The removable showerhead and water delivery tubes are easy to clean.
- Several reviewers complained that the coffee was not hot right after it finished pouring.
- There were several reports of the machine leaking after its done brewing, despite making sure connections were tight and it wasn’t overfilled, which dilutes the coffee. The pot lid also leaks and comes apart from the pot itself.
- Coffee comes out from the filter holder when you remove the carafe which makes a mess.
- Condensation builds up in the fresh water reservoir which is not vented and is trapped for several days making mold growth possible.
It’s easy to see why the OXO On Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Maker is one of our top picks. It receives rave reviews from consumers and professionals alike. There is a lot of technology packed into this machine, which is also a major selling point to a lot of coffee lovers who say it’s actually really fun to watch brew coffee and it looks cool. It’s easy to use but it isn’t cheap. Many of the reviewers said it was worth the price for the delicious coffee it makes and how great it looks. The certification by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) was also another reason cited by many for buying the machine, a serious seal of approval and proof of the excellent standard of coffee you’ll get over the years from this home brewer.