- Build Quality
- Value for Money
The Cuisinart DCC-3200 Perfect Temp 14-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is packed with handy features and state-of-the-art technology and brews up a big pot of piping hot, great-tasting coffee at a budget-friendly price. The array of features, build quality and tasty coffee brewed make this one of our Top Picks.
Housed in a stainless steel outer casing, this fully automatic brewer features 24-hour programmability, a self-clean function, brew strength control, brew pause, auto shut-off, and the option to brew smaller batches of 1-4 cups.
The DCC-3200 also has features like a charcoal filtration system, a permanent gold tone coffee filter, and a large glass carafe packed into its convenient, easily storable size.
Specifications & Features of the Cuisinart DCC-3200 Perfect Temp 14-Cup
- Brews a full, 14-cup pot of coffee at an admirable 192° F, only three degrees short of the optimal temperature recommended by the National Coffee Association
- Adjustable brew strength that allows you to choose between regular and bold coffee
- Large showerhead for better grounds saturation
- Full 24-hour programmability via a large screen, user-friendly control panel
- Auto shut-off feature that can be set to keep coffee hot for up to 4 hours (default is 1 hour)
- Large 14-cup (72 ounce) glass carafe
- Optional 1-4 cup setting for smaller batches of coffee
- Hot plate with three temperature settings
- Brew pause function lets you pause the brewing to pour a fresh cup without ending the brewing cycle
- Self-cleaning feature makes cleaning easy and automatic
- Charcoal water filter that removes odor and contaminants that compromise taste
- Also available in white
- Weight: 8.4 pounds
- Size: 7.8×9×14 inches
- 3-year limited warranty
Highlights of the Cuisinart DCC-3200 Perfect Temp 14-Cup Coffee Maker
This DCC-3200 performs extremely well within its price range and category. Its main selling points are its ease-of-use and the brewing temperature it achieves, but it’s loaded with other highlights:
- Brews hot coffee–much hotter than previous models (like the Cuisinart DCC-1200) and other brewers in its price range
- LED control panel is bright and easy to use
- 24-programmability, auto-brew, brew-pause, and auto-off features make it easy to operate and automate
- Hot plate has three settings–low, medium, and high—that allow users to enjoy the coffee for hours at the temperature they prefer for up to 4 hours.
- Choose from bold or regular coffee by using the strength control function
- Self-cleaning feature makes hand-washing a thing of the past.
- Includes a permanent gold tone filter, for those who prefer European style drip coffee, but also allows for the use of regular paper filters.
- Removable charcoal filter softens the water prior to initiating the brewing cycle.
- Carafe pours easily without dripping.
This brewer has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with only a few minor complaints. Here are some of the concerns some users have raised:
- Condensation accumulates on the inside of the lid and leaks down the back of the unit when the lid is opened
- The brewer beeps loudly 5 times when the coffee is ready (PRO TIP: This beeping can be disabled easily, by pressing the “Tone” button on the front of the unit)
- Some consumers found that the brew pause feature did not work as expected
- Brews good coffee, but does not wow the coffee connoisseur the way the higher end coffee makers do
The Cuisinart DCC-3200 Perfect Temp 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker is one of the most highly praised mid-range coffee makers because it is a large capacity brewer that serves up hot, tasty coffee affordably and conveniently. It isn’t flashy and it doesn’t quite match the optimal temperature of coffee makers that cost twice as much (or more), but it looks great, is packed with handy features and performs better than one might expect at such an affordable price. If you’re looking for a large-capacity 14-cup coffee maker, or even just a flexible, high-quality coffee machine, it’s tough to top the DCC-3200 Perfect Temp.
Want more options? See our list of the 10 best coffee makers.