- Build Quality
- Value for Money
The Cuisinart DCC-2650 Brew Central is a feature-packed, fully-programmable, and affordable 12-cup drip coffee machine. Up to 25% faster than average automatic drip brewers thanks to its “Extreme Brew” system, the DCC-2650 also offers 24-hour programmability, brew strength control, brew pause, adjustable temperature heating plate, auto shut-off, and a self-cleaning feature.
This coffee maker also has a permanent gold tone coffee filter, charcoal water filter, and a large showerhead. And all of these features are economically packed into a sleek size (for a 12-cup coffee machine) that fits nicely in kitchens of just about any size.
Specifications and Features of the Cuisinart DCC-2650 Extreme Brew
- Brews full 12-cup pot of coffee in approximately 6 minutes
- 12-cup glass carafe
- Full 24-hour programmability
- Hot plate with adjustable temperature
- Auto shut-off feature can keep coffee hot for up to 4 hours (default is 1 hour)
- Strength control–choose between regular of bold coffee
- Large showerhead for better grounds saturation
- Charcoal water filter that removes odor and contaminants that compromise taste
- Brew pause function lets you pause brewing to pour a cup without ending the brewing cycle
- Optional 1-4 cup setting for smaller batches of coffee
- Self-cleaning feature
- All parts that come into contact with liquid are BPA-free
- Size: 9.5 x 11 x 16.2 inches
- Weight: 9.6 pounds
- 3-year limited warranty
Highlights of the Cuisinart DCC-2650 Extreme Brew
This machine brews good-tasting coffee very quickly. Aside from its speed, this brewer offers a number of attractive positives:
- Full of convenience features: 24-hour programmability, auto-brew, brew-pause, auto-off and self-cleaning features.
- Brewing time of under 6 minutes for a full pot of coffee, meeting the standards for optimal brewing set by the National Coffee Association.
- Showerhead is larger than the options found in most mid-range coffee machines, improving saturation of the coffee grounds, resulting in richer, full-flavored coffee.
- Hot plate has three settings–low, medium, and high—that allow users to enjoy the coffee for hours at the temperature they prefer.
- Small batch (1-4 cups) feature lets you quickly brew just enough for 1-2 people when you don’t need a full 12-cup pot.
- Comes with a permanent gold tone filter—no need to stock up on and throw away paper filters. But also allows for the use of regular paper filters.
- Choose from bold or regular coffee by using the strength control function.
- Removable charcoal filter softens water prior to initiating the brewing cycle.
Here are the most common complaints found with this model:
- The actual brewing temperature appears to be 170° F – 175° F rather than the range of 180° F – 190° F that Cuisinart claims. Several consumers have expressed disappointment at the discrepancy between the manufacturer´s claims and the actual temperature of the coffee.
- The “bold” strength control setting gives the coffee a slightly more bitter taste, but does so by slowing down water flow not by brewing an authentically bold taste.
- Some consumers have reported problems with leaking and overflow.
- Beeps 5 times during the brew cycle, which some consumers have found annoying.
Packed with basically every feature one could hope for in a mid-range 12-cup programmable coffee maker, the Cuisinart DCC-2650 Extreme Brew is a great value option for any home or small office kitchen. Especially if brew time is an important factor, the DCC-2650 will not disappoint.