- Build Quality
- Value for Money
Cuisinart is one of the leading manufacturers of kitchenware. This popular company’s line of coffeemakers are among the best-selling models in the United States. The Cuisinart CHW-12 is one of the brand’s best-selling models, and for good reason. With a high-end and sturdy aluminum and plastic design, 24-hour programmability, Cuisinart’s signature Brew Pause feature, and many more useful features, it has plenty to offer.
Cuisinart CHW-12 Specifications and Features
This is no ordinary brewer. Its major selling point is its convenient hot water system that is built right next to the coffee making component. It comes with its own water reservoir so you can use it alone, but it can also be used in conjunction with the coffeemaker component for added convenience. A simple light display flashes when the water is ready. It heats up quickly and uses a simple push button dispenser. With a water catcher underneath the dispenser, it is an easy way to prepare meals such as oatmeal and beverages such as tea quickly and without any mess.
In addition to the fast water preparation, it has a unique purification system similar to that of higher end coffeemakers. It comes with a powerful charcoal filter in addition to a gold tone one for added purification. Both filters are long-lasting and ensure that you get to enjoy the purest cup of coffee possible. However, you will need to replace the charcoal filter, which is not a major downside considering that most other machines require this as well.
This brewer is fully automatic and comes with an auto on and off feature in addition to a handy self-cleaning function. It also has a carafe temperature control feature with a heating plate that allows you to quickly set the temperature of your beverage. It offers three heat settings: high, medium, and low.
A blue backlit LCD display with digital clock reading ensures easy visibility. It also comes with a removable drip tray so you can easily fill up taller cups such as mugs.
Cuisinart CHW-12 Highlights
Cuisinart really packed a ton of useful and even high-end features into this machine.
- The added Hot Water System is virtually flawless and makes this two-in-one space saving machine the perfect choice for small kitchens or people who simply want the added convenience of heating water instantaneously.
- Removable drip tray is an added bonus, perfect for people on the go.
- Three-year warranty offered by Cuisinart, it is truly built to last, but the added reassurance is just an extra benefit.
- Sleek aluminum design gives it a modern look that is comparable to much more expensive models.
While this coffee maker does have many enticing features, there are a few downsides.
- For starters, the price is a little high for this type of machine and substitutes can easily be found.
- The Water System is a little basic. While this is not necessarily a bad thing if you prefer a simple system, it will not satisfy users seeking advanced functions such as temperature control or a safety lock system.
- The simple, plastic push styled dispenser does not offer precise control over how much water is being dispensed. As a result, it may trickle over your cup more often. However, the tray does catch any spillage.
Overall, this coffee maker has a sleek design and plenty of functions, but will not impress or excite techies or other people seeking a more advanced machine. The convenient Hot Water System is its main benefit, and is ideal for anyone seeking to save space in their kitchen. With a mid-range price and a surprisingly long three-year manufacturer’s warranty, it is a durable two-in-one machine that will surely impress those seeking a basic, easy-to-use machine.